Friday, December 5, 2008

Good Times and Bad Times on the Ohio

First the good

My attorney and I started the day in Lexington, and quickly made our way to view the kickoff at Papa Johns stadium (the slice as they call it.) The first half was more of the same BS we have seen all year. Trips inside the 5 that ended with missed field goals or little daddy slipping while walking in the endzone. Can Noel Devine get some longer cleats or something? The guy seems get tackled by the turf more than any player I have ever seen when its cold. Also, for a guy that was a special teams coach, you would think that Stew of all people would realize that Pat Mac does not kick the ball well when kicking from the left hash and inside the ten. I know that most of our third down plays in the redzone involve some sort of run pass option for Pat, but you would think that we would change it up if we know we are going to kick the field goal on 4th down?

The second half was amazing. Louisville fans were giving us high fives and confessing their man love for PW. I was amazed when Pat was left in during the 4th quarter to get the record, but I was glad that I got to see it. Overall it was a good trip but pretty darn cold.

On Black Friday, my attorney and I woke up at 5am like many other Americans, but it was not so we could catch a good sale or get a wii. It was to head north, to Yinzer town to see the 101st addition of the backyard brawl. This was about revenge. And despite the fact that we had to sit in the nose bleed seats and brave the cold Ohio River wind, I knew we were going to get ours. Instead, we gave another one away. Two posessions inside the ten with no points, another we got down to the ten but it was called back for a penalty. Same story, same river wind, but a different result. When Lashan McCoy got the ball on the edge on the same fake dive play that killed us last year and took it for a key first down I knew it was all over. Cincy winning against the Cuse took a little bit of the sting away, but irrelevance after being dominant for so many years is a little hard to swallow.

No comments: